Monday, March 25, 2013

5 weeks until Charlotte Cup

Training for my next show, April 27, 2013. Honestly, I have struggled with this show. I had a very rocky start. My daughter started failing her math class. My son started baseball practice two nights a week. My husband switched to nightshift, which puts the majority of the household on my shoulders for 2 months. I started to feel this tremendous amount of guilt. I'm so focused on myself. Getting to the gym, saving money for the show, hardly home to spend time with my family. I felt like things were falling apart. Then, my transmission failed on me one evening. How in the world was I going to afford THIS on top of everything else? So, I quit. I told my trainer I couldn't do it. This is all too much this year. Then I tried and tried and tried to quit. Things started to look up. Beth's math grade started to rise, Luke's practices started at a later time allowing me to fit gym time in and my transmission was only a sensor that cost $100 bucks! I never changed my diet or went on an eating frenzy and I stayed in the gym. So? I was going to push through! Then my trainer did my body fat and it was at 13%!!! It was like all the signs were there! Do NOT give up! So I didn't and I haven't! I make sure that I put the kids first and that they have what they need and I've still gotten into the gym and my diet has been on track! Sometimes things have to get bad before they get better. I am not perfect and life shouldn't be all about training. However, if you truly have a desire for something you should not give up. No matter how hard things get.

No comments:

Post a Comment