Thursday, August 23, 2012

Almost two weeks down...

So, I am on my second week of my competition training. This is Thursday so I am almost two whole weeks down. Haven't done near as bad with the all natural peanut butter this time around. I figure if I don't buy my most favorite kind, I won't eat more than I am supposed to. My most favorite is the honey roasted all natural peanut butter from EarthFare. The kind you self-serve. Mmmm, it is SO good! I MUST NOT buy that kind!

My workouts are going well! I've been attempting to get up and do atleast two days in the gym at 4:00am. This morning was my fourth morning getting up. Lucas, my son, wants to play soccer and his practices and games will be in the evenings. It is very important to me during this training to allow my kids to do their normal activities and have me included in them as much as possible. My daughter has dance and girl scouts and my son has soccer. Both of them enjoy church group on Wednesday nights as well. So, I plan to put my workouts around their schedule so I can be as involved in their activities as much as possible. This does not mean that I will be the PTA mom, I don't do PTA mom. I work full-time and compete and I just frankly have no desire to do that. I want to be involved but I draw the line somewhere and that is where I draw it. I admire and respect all the moms who are able to be that involved though! I couldn't do half of what they do!!

I have a whole new issue that is about to arise next week. I am going to see an orthopeadic surgeon. Now let me be the FIRST to say, I will NOT stop training or competing. No doctor will tell me no forever! I am having swelling and pain in both knees, more so in the right than the left. I have been putting it off and putting it off. I did have some therapy on my right knee last year that was 100% useless and will NOT do it again unless I have to have surgery. If the doctor tells me I have to have surgery and won't be able to train, run, compete, etc. he may as well hang it up. I will continue on until my knee falls to pieces. I will have to keep that one updated...

So, here I am...back to the training and the intense workouts. LOVE it! Can't wait to see my body transform and get back to stage-ready. I try and not ever let anyone bring me down. I am back to the questions, "is that all you're eating?" "are you back on your diet?" however, nothing makes me feel better than to eat clean, train hard and look amazing! I'll take that over being a couch potato anyday!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment